Thursday 15 July 2010

Jumper #1: Purple 1940s jobbie

Now that I'm a bit more confident at knitting, I'm starting to knock out some gifts for friends. I've made a few little things so far, but my first big gift project is a jumper for a former colleague, Rob.

The pattern is a vintage wartime one, which is knit in one piece so that the shoulders are joined. Having experienced trauma with seams while knitting my Tempest cardigan I have decided to make life easier by knitting the body of the jumper as a single piece in the round. I'll do each sleeve in the round, too, I think. I am just making a 'seamless' cardigan at the moment and it really does look so much nicer, which is especially important in a gift.

Rob prefers things he can stick in the washing machine, so I chose a sturdy acrylic in deep purple (his choice of colour). It's such a lovely yarn, I can't wait to see this project develop!

1 comment:

  1. So, how are you finding knitting in the round?

    ReplyDelete